This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and innovative Social Media Executive to join us as part of our wider Marketing and Events team. Reporting to our Marketing Executive, you’ll have a key role in helping drive engagement across our social channels, including Flemingate and Fruit Market.
What we’re looking for more than anything, is someone with a positive attitude with great initiative who lives & breathes content creation – a TikTok obsessive, a Twitter native, an Instagram expert, who loves jumping onto the latest trends!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced social media executive to manage our social media content and activity across a range of our sites, including the Fruit Market in Hull and Flemingate in Beverley. This will involve working with various members of the team at Wykeland including the Marketing and Events Managers, as well as our tenants in the Fruit Market and Flemingate to produce content to help maintain and grow our existing social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok. The role will also help promote events and promotions across the sites to help drive more footfall to the area. The role will be based primarily between the Fruit Market in Hull and Flemingate in Beverley giving you the flexibility to get great content around the sites combined with hot desking options at our offices in both locations to do scheduling, editing and catching up with the team to find out the wider business needs. The role will be on a freelance basis for 25 hours per week.
The role will include:
- Planning and executing social media strategies, creating and publishing content to a variety of platforms, and interacting with their communities and audiences.
- Reputation management, ensuring that and issues which arise are flagged to the relevant party and dealt with appropriately
- Working closely with our Marketing Executive and our Fruit Market and Flemingate event managers to create exciting content that aligns with wider marketing and business efforts
- Creating and managing the content plan across social media accounts including organic and paid
- Reporting on performance with a review on future proposals/ improvements whilst assessing against competitor activity and industry trends
- Taking the lead and a proactive role in content creation for all channels, creating reels/TikTok’s and visuals that are in in line with brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Management social media accounts which will involve scheduling posts, responding to enquiries, following relevant accounts and liking their posts, sharing customer/influencer posts, boosting posts, etc.
- Attending events at Flemingate and the Fruit Market to promote on social media
- Working closely with our tenants to promote any new products or promotions whilst creating new content alongside them
- Flexibility in working hours including occasional evening and weekend work around events
- You will have experience of managing projects related to social media and/or creative
- Strong knowledge across a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat
- Experience in using content scheduling platforms and software
- Ability to use photo and video editing software
- Clear understanding of what makes for effective and engaging content
- Ability to innovate and think outside the box
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- You will have excellent time management skills
- Be self-driven with an ability to manage your own work load
- Full UK Driving License with access to a car is desirable although not essential if willing to use public transport to get around sites
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Social Media Executive, then we would love to hear from you. Send over your CV and a short bit of information about you and why you think you are the ideal candidate to: email@example.com – remember you can be as creative as you like!